About Mr. Frank Lyons
Mr. Lyons is an Orthopaedic Surgery Specialist based in East Melbourne. His practice is dedicated to the treatment of Shoulder Conditions and Shoulder Injuries.
Mr. Lyons received his medical degrees from the University of Melbourne. He completed his internship and residency at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
He was a demonstrator in the University of Melbourne, Department of Anatomy prior to admission to the Australian Orthopaedic Association training program.
This was followed by admission to Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Mr. Lyons completed his postgraduate fellowship training at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. This year long appointment was under the guidance of Professor Charles Rockwood Jr.
He returned to Australia in 1989 and has since worked as an orthopaedic specialist focussing on the assistance of patients suffering shoulder disorders and injuries.
Mr. Lyons and his staff place a particular emphasis on fostering an office environment where patients receive the highest of professional care and attention. He is always happy to discuss all appropriate treatment options so that patients can feel comfortable about making informed choices.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB.BS) University of Melbourne 1978
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) 1988
- Shoulder Surgery Fellowship, University of Texas HSC, San Antonio, Texas, USA 1989
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow Australian Orthopaedic Association
- American Shoulder & Elbow Surgeons (Corresponding Member)
- Victorian Shoulder & Elbow Society
- Australian Medical Association
Mr. Lyons has extensive experience in the expert management of all aspects of shoulder conditions and shoulder injuries.
His expertise includes:
- Anatomic Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Decompression and Repair
- Shoulder Instability Surgery and Reconstruction
- AC Joint Surgery and Reconstruction
- Treatment of Shoulder Fractures including Humerus, Clavicle and Scapula
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Treatment of Frozen Shoulders
Mr. Lyons has consistently participated in Continuous Professional Development, Conferences and Workshops to ensure that his patients can be offered what he considers to be the most reliable treatment options.
His teaching activities have included medical student education, mentoring orthopaedic surgery trainees and general practitioner workshops. He has published scientific papers in peer reviewed journals and presented papers at orthopaedic surgery conferences in the United States, Europe and China. He has had a particular interest in the teaching of shoulder surgery in China, where he has regularly attended conferences, delivered lectures, and demonstrated shoulder surgery since 1989.
- Accredited Medical Officer, St Vincent’s Private Hospital, East Melbourne
- Accredited Medical Officer, St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Kew
- Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon, St Vincent’s Public Hospital Melbourne
- Locum Orthopaedic Surgeon, Box Hill Hospital, Melbourne
- Locum Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dandenong & District Hospital, Melbourne
- Medical Records Committee, Mercy Private Hospital, East Melbourne
- Medical Advisory Committee, Surrey Private Hospital, Melbourne
- Secretary Shoulder & Elbow Society of Australia
- Australian Orthopaedic Association, Continuing Orthopaedic Education Committee
- Board Member, Mercy Private Hospital, East Melbourne
- Medical Advisory Committee, St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Melbourne
- Clinical Innovation and Advisory Committee, St Vincent’s Health, Australia
- Chairman, Orthopaedic Craft Group, St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Melbourne